Where there is a will there is a way

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Best bread ever from the Prairie Homestead (Jill Winger)

During lockdown, I tried this, and it was the most silky, soft, delicious bread ever.   I made this dough for pizza, which I love making, and have made for many years, developing my own improved method.  But this recipe is better than even my family's one I was using...

It just adds one egg, and of course she gives really good tips for the method - like turning your oven on...and then off, to rise the bread in for an hour.  And why not add an egg?  It's brilliant, and also adds protein.

My photos of my dough and pizza follow, but here is her original teaching video that I think she put out as a gift during lockdown.  But the ingredients are listed below this video (not the method, but for that you can watch the video, then refer to her description where she was posted the whole recipe).


 




Dough texture below...


No comments: