Where there is a will there is a way

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Earthship Down








In 2005 a huge tsunami wiped out most of the population on Nicobar, Andaman Islands. Michael Reynolds and his crew went to help build housing after an urgent plea for help, as the needs of shelter, sanitation, clean water, were great. Earthship building, developed for people to be more self-sufficient for hard times in the future, was perfectly suited for these kinds of conditions.

This beautiful house is made from recycled materials - with earth rammed tires in a circle as the basis, then formed with bottles, concrete and earth.  It's a very independent little home as it collects rainwater from the roof, has self-contained sewage, and the biomass of the earth and tires regulate temperature.  This is a good idea at any time, but was especially useful for the urgent situation on the island after the tsunami of no utilities.


See above for a documentary about Michael Reynolds and creative and visionary architectural style - Garbage Warrior: Turning trash into treasure, a film by Oliver Hodge. 

 

4 comments:

Tracy Hawthorne said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr ehiaguna herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr ehiaguna has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr ehiaguna for natural treatment.
His email address: drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also massage him on WhatsApp +2348073908953 and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

Anonymous said...



I am so delighted to be completely cured of Herpes Simplex Virus 1/2. After having it since March 4th of 2022. I did some online research when I came Across Herbalist Irene Herbal Exploits. I was amazed😊 when I Came across some of his Works And those he has helped, I decided to Contact him For help, Which He Kindly did Wholeheartedly❤❤, I am glad 🥰To be finally healed Of HSV 1/2 through Herbalist Irene Traditional Herbal Mixture☘☘. Email him on : drireneherbalcure@gmail.com
WhatsApp : +2348078793935.

smithteev said...

Herbs are very good in eliminating viruses / diseases which I think have no cure, I was able to get rid of HSV1 & 2 and HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE after using the herbal medicine I ordered from dr kokobi. y'all shouldn't be carried away by what the medical doctor told you. Herbal remedies have the best solution. contact him via his Email kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349055346858 below he has the cure to any illness/diseases

Taofeeq Seriki said...

I was able to get rid of my herpes with herbal medicine which was prepared and shipped to me by Dr AKHIGBE. He's a great herbalist and medicine man everyone should know about, he has cures for all types of diseases and viruses in the body. You may need Dr AKHIGBE assistance. His email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349021374574.