Where there is a will there is a way

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Knitting




While camping I actually finally had time to knit (all the time). It was so fun! Making a baby blanket for my best friend's new baby in Canada gave me a reason to learn enough basic skills.

The beanie at the top is my first ribbing (2 knit, 2 pearl) and addition of colour. I had found a bag of wool at an op shop. There was very fine natural coloured wool - which I thought would work with bright colours as highlights.

I ended up making a stingray for Troy after making a filler piece for the back of that beanie that resembled a stingray. (The construction of the beanie was guessed at as I didn't follow a pattern - now I know how I would do it next time - more like the hourglass shape, one piece, sewn together afterwards at the sides. This beanie needed a filler piece.) Stingrays are very 2D anyways. But when I made Luke a snapper, sewing on knitted triangles at the side made the fish more 3D shaped.

3 comments:

Boris Nelson said...

Very nice article! It really made me interested here. Thank you for bringing more informative post. I can't wait to read more of your blogs.
sustainable clothing

Nonavee Dale said...

Thank you!

Ruby in the Dust said...

good one girl! but I'll have to show you how to knit in the round; it's perfect for beanies :)